CONGRATULATIONS COREY MOORE!
Corey’s T-shirt Design Submission for the Prelude DMV 2012 T-shirt Design Contest was selected to be the OFFICIAL Prelude DMV 2012 T-shirt! Make sure to pick up your own OFFICIAL Prelude DMV 2012 T-shirt in the Vendors’ area.
Here’s a little insight into the mind of Corey Moore:
Where are you from?
I am from Chase City, a small town along VA’s southern borderline.
What school did you attend?
I attended the Art Institute of Washington and I received my bachelors in Graphic Design.
Are you a part of any dance crews/companies?
I was fortunate enough to be part of Fierce Collabo and Afta Shock DC.
How did you conceptualize your T-shirt design submission?
I create the design by doing word associations, sketches, image researching, and most importantly listening to a lot of music.
Why do you feel your design best represents Prelude DMV?
“KODACHROME is…” just popped in my head, but honestly… Love, peace and happiness was going through my mind during the entire ordeal and I feel this will also be expressed at Prelude. (not sure if that answers your question LOL)
What are you most excited for during Prelude DMV Urban Dance Competition Weekend 2012?
EVERYTHING but mainly watching awesome dancers express themselves through dance. It is so inspiring-especially the kids… I want to be like them when I grow up. Also, the workshops afterwards and having the opportunity to learn and grow from choreographers that I look up to.
More dance related info:
- First workshop was with Tony Czar at Dance Collective DC and I loved it—felt like something changed in me after that day.
- First choreo youtube video that I tried to learn was Crown Royal by Zach Lattimore.
- First instructor was Mama Lisa Geters-Norman at Strathmore on June 18,2008.
- Recieved a scholarship for Culture Shock DC (2010-2011)
- Was a workstudy at Joy of Motion (2010-2012)
- Performed at ECDC preshow: Fierce Collabo (2011)
- Performed at Joy of Motion studio to stage: Maurice Johnson (2011)
- Performed with Eric Scott and Company
- Trained to become a backup dancer for the talented Sherell Rowe (2011)